The Kerala State Construction Corporation (KSCC Ltd) was formed in the year 1975 vide G.O.(MS) 39/75/PW dated 27.02.1975 as a fully owned Kerala Government Undertaking Limited Company. The Government of Kerala holds the entire share capital of KSCC. KSCC is formed mainly to prevent the tendency of contractors who used to form cartels and quote exorbitant rates for works and deliver inferior qualities of works. Therefore Government deemed it proper to constitute an agency of its own which could be entrusted with all major works of Government. The main objective of KSCC are to develop quality structure and related infrastructure facility for the welfare of the public at reasonable cost. With this objective, the KSCC has managed the execution of many of the major projects.
The affairs of the KSCC are being managed by the Managing Director subject to direction, control and supervision of its Board of Directors comprising of the Hon’ble Minister for Public Works & Registration as Chairman, Principal Secretary to Government PWD as Vice Chairman, Chief Engineer Irrigation Department (IDRB), Chief Engineer PWD (Roads), Chief Engineer PWD (Buildings) and the representative from Finance Department as Members. The total staff strength of Company at present is 167.
The delegation of Powers of KSCC is governed by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Corporation, based on which the Board of Directors have power to delegate powers to Managing Director for the conduct of day to day affairs of the Corporation.
The present source of income for KSCC is
A) Centage charges from works executed through KIIFB.
B) Consultancy charges received from Client Departments.
KSCC was nominated as Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for various department like SCST Department, Registration Department and Home Department for KIIFB funded projects
For SCST Department the construction of Model Residential Schools, (MRS), Industries Training Institute (ITI), hostels etc. amounting to Rs.225 Crores.
- For Registration Department the Construction of 3 Registration Complexes & 49 Sub-Registrar Offices worth Rs.100 Crores. Out of which 23 Sub-Registration Offices were inaugurated as of now and the remaining is in good progress.
- For Home Department, for the construction of 6 Court Complexes worth Rs.175 Crores. Out of which Construction of Court Complex Thalassery is in good progress and Court Complexes at Koothuparambu, Palakkad, Ranni, Peerumedu, and Nedumkandam are in the approval stage.
- KSCC was also entrusted to execute the works in Kasargod Development package for the Construction of Mini Stadium in Kallikadavu in Kasargod district which is in good progress.
KSCC is constructing “Sthree Souhrida Vishrama Kendras” (women friendly waiting centers) at various locations worth Rs.1 crore under Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
- Two major bridge at Moolampilly – Pizhala of GIDA which was inaugurated recently was executed directly by KSCC.
- KSCC also entrusted construction & maintenance of buildings for various colleges under RUSA
Supervision of these works is being done by Engineering wing of KSCC, headed by the Managing Director, and supported by 2 General Managers, 1 Deputy General Manager, 7 Regional Managers and sufficient Project Engineers, Assistant Project Engineers and Engineering Assistants. This Engineering wing is supported by a stable Accounts branch headed by Finance Manager, Chief Internal Audit Officer and an establishment wing headed by the Secretary.
KSCC have induced highly qualified and with vastly experienced team of engineering professionals and highly qualified hands. Estimate preparation is through PRICE software. Contract finalization procedure is fully graduated to e-tender mode.
The net accumulated profit of KSCC as per 2019-2020 provisional accounts is 70.39 Crores. KSCC is one among the Kerala Government undertaking company which runs in profits. Some of the major prestigious works executed by KSCC are
- Legislature Complex,
- Second Annex building for Secretariat Thiruvananthapuram
- Two bridges from Cement Kavala at MC Road
- Kumbalam Aroor Bridge in Cochin Byepass
- Court Complexes, Ernakulam and Perumbavoor
- Malayattor-Kodanad Bridge
- Thadikkakadavu Bridge
- Regulator cum Bridge at Purappillikkavu Athirappilly–Malakkappara road Kottappuram Bridge,
- Vaisyambhagom Bridge,
- Keezharoorkadavu Bridge.
- Mancombu Bridge
Over the years, KSCC have successfully sailed through as a prominent infrastructure consulting and executing agency in the State of Kerala and contributed grossly to the development of the State Infrastructure, be it road, buildings, bridges etc. With its fully experienced team of Engineering professional backed up by state of the art technology and administrative set up, KSCC looks forward to a bright future and supportive role to the development of Society, State and our Nation.